• July 1 – A fire at a Butte manganese plant caused $3,000 damage. The State Capitol bond was paid off after 46 years. A Wilsall woman received a card mailed by her father in White Sulphur Springs more than 30 years before.
• July 4 – Murrill’s Cocktail Lounge in Great Falls had its entire liquor stock seized for allegedly giving a false report of stock on hand.
• July 5 – An Augusta bar owner killed a drunk cowboy in self–defense.
• July 12 – A Hesper woman murdered her husband and infant son, then set fire to the house and killed herself.
• July 13 – Singer Dinah Shore sprained her ankle while vacationing with husband George Montgomery at Lincoln.
• July 18 – A primary election was held in Montana.
• July 20 – A bomb planted by a German officer exploded in Hitler’s bunker but failed to kill him.
• July 31 – Adm. Charles P. Cecil, formerly the captain of the
USS Helena, was killed in a plane crash in the Pacific.
Montana History Calendar 1930s